Friday 15 November 2013

How I wrote my first poem...

While the Business Communication lecture was on, mam gave us an assignment. We were asked to write a 8-10 lines of original composition. A child’s play for those who are habitual of composing while a mammoth’s task for someone like me who had not done something like this before.
Though I was comfortable writing on a particular topic, composing something was a challenging task. The easy way out was to find some poems in a book or internet, but we were strictly told that our assignments would be checked for plagiarism.
I literally typed “how to write a poem” in google to get some ideas. Well it popped few results but one cannot teach you to write poem. It is an inbuilt art that comes along with a product. After spending some time online finding how to develop an ability to compose, I closed my eyes and helped thoughts to flow in. They were vague and unsynchronised initially but started taking a shape in a few moments.
I scribbled them on paper then polished them with a few rhymes to get an in-sync feeling. The final product was something like this:

Down through the woods a trail goes
Down through the woods a trail goes
Takes you into an another world
You see the darkness and feel the sound
Makes you realise somebody’s around
Still you keep moving scared and strained
With a hope in your heart that you reach the end

The dark is the night
And sounds are the leaves
They are just there stand and sealed
Stars and moon aid to you
Bring their luminance to guide you
Then you come out of the blackness
And praise the lights for their greatness


Well, I did it…. Happy and satisfied with my work I thought you can do anything if you wish to do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment